Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jelly Shoes How I Miss Thee



Jelly Shoes were the coolest. You knew I was going to say that, didn't you? yes, I liked that they were colorful and toy-like, and yes, I wore them in the fifth grade mainly. I also rocked the jelly bracelets, I ain't gonna lie. OKAY, SO...Let's talk about the pink jelly heels at the top of this post- yes, you saw right. Those are by Vivienne Westwood: British fashion designer who was credited with bringing punk and new wave to the mainstream. Yay for us, boo for those who were underground and didn't want their styles on fifth graders in California. Did you know one of her sons founded Agent Provocateur?
Anyway, back to the bliss that was jelly shoes. I remember the main style being like the ones shown below. I much preferred the ones with a little slingback and a small square heel to these. I also liked mine matte and not pearly. I was specific with my stuff, what can I say?

There are new styles of jelly shoes now that are pretty neat, like these little circle cut out ones below:

and some gladiator ones for those of you into that style (I, for one, am not.)
And here is a nice wedge (I always love a wedge- I know they are not in fashion, but I will always have a tan pair of wedges for bridal showers and shit.)
And before I go, I will leave you with some more Vivienne Westwood jellies. They look edible!