Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sweet Treats, Baby!


Do you guys remember Sweet Treats? They were actually made in 1978 or 1979, but I had them in the early 1980's, so I am adding them to the 1980's toybox! This one above was a Sweet Treat "Spoonful" named Raspberry Rosie and was meant to be worn around the neck. The thing about us girls back then, and heck, maybe all girls, was that we wanted little dolls in clandestine locations. Especially inside flowers, make up, jewelry, baked goods and ice cream confections. And flatware, apparently!
Close up of her highlighted hair(Its weaved with light pink y'all!)
This is the French packaging- I don't know where the hell I got this image
This one is "Limey Lou"

and here are Strawberry Mary and Cherry Delight



and Peachie Parfait!

                         There were also cookies, as I wrote about a few weeks ago...

cute....


This might be my favorite cookie!
       and here is the dark oreo looking cookie...

And here are the Popsicles- there was a little vanity table inside! And the stick was a comb you could use in your own hair! I SO died over this toy.

Close up of one of them.
There were also SUNDAES that were little houses! Devine!



Packaging!

Packaging!
Here is the Strawberry Mary one, that I had as a girl
and the wonderful packaging for the cookies...



 So, you can get these on eBay and other collector sites! They are kind of the newer version of Liddle Kiddles. Though not superior in detail or quality, they are still really fun and clever. Okay, so it doesn't take much for me to like an 80's toy, what can I say?