Monday, June 14, 2010

I Love Cuckoo Clocks


Cuckoo clocks are considered tacky and "kitsch." I don't care, I love them. I love all of the woodland themed stuff. I wish I had a whole wall of cuckoo clocks like Gepetto's toy shop. I like the little clickety clakety sounds of cuckoo clocks ticking. I find it peaceful. When I go into antique shops, there is usually a nice wall full of these clocks and it just feels strangely soothing to hear.

These clocks have looked the same for literally centuries. They are usually in the shape of a traditional chalet-either a Swiss, a Black Forest(German) or a Bavarian (German too) Chalet and are usually carved. They have roman numerals and a little pendulum and some have little music boxes in the them. The real expensive ones are the huge carved ones that are not full of colors, I but I much prefer these kind like the one below- lots of red and green and black. And if you know anything about me at all, I can't be around the color red unless it's Christmas. I am like Marnie- I will go nuts if red comes into my pastel world! Anyhow, see below for some neato clocks.