Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Critter Sitters or Shirt Tales?


Let's get this straight, girls of the 80's- The Shirt Tales used to be the Critter Sitters, and anyone who says it ain't so has me to deal with, capesh? These lovable, soft looking animals are what I adored in the second and third grade...



Critter Sitters were puffy little characters that were so cute, it was impossible for us 1980's girls to not love them. They were on notebooks and folders and party supplies and what not. I believe they were from Hallmark.They became the Shirt Tales at one point and were less fuzzy/fluffy looking and hence, less valuable to me as a second grader: See below.
The raccoon still has the same face and the 'Wild and Crazy' shirt, but the others are gone and were replaced with these other characters who were, well, just not fluffy enough for me.


They should have stuck with this look...

I had a t-shirt of the raccoon (that said "Wild and Crazy" of course) and I wore that bitch to school every day with my knee socks! By the way, there are two vintage notebooks of these guys on Etsy right now (which is where the above pic is from) so if you like these guys- get them while you can, they are impossible to find.
 Here is the cute lil' Beave'- I think this was on a cocktail napkin
Now this is AWESOME

Cute...
And the kitten...kind of a crude print, also from party napkins...
Awhhh..The kitten, from about 1983- still not as cute as the 1980 ones, but it will do...

I seriously don't remember a panda, but here she is!

and a Critter Sitters kitten! Love the French Script font that the Critter Sitters logo was in- Maybe that is why I am drawn to that font today!
Sort of a crappy shot of the raccoon, but it is still awesome just to have another pic.
This is what the inside of the folders looked like, where you would load up your homework papers.
Valentines cards!
more lil' cocktail napkins!
Before and After Shirt Tales
A little cheetah- I dont remember ever seeing this one!
A bear I've never seen...

a cute koala

that dog I loved...

and of course, the raccoon
STICKERS!
And a little knick-knack plaque to clutter your home! It almost seems like these went through different artists- they all have their differences. If I find more pictures, the study will continue...