Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tinkerbell Play Cosmetics



TINKERBELL PLAY COSMETICS! Or, Tinkerbell play make-up! Whatever it was called! It was what all of us little girls wanted. There was the one and only Tinkerbell cologne, there was Tinkerbell Powder, lotion and bubble bath. Dude, I swear, if any one of my relatives ever got me these Tinkerbell products, I became so happy my head shot off into the sky. They are no longer with us, because there was some issue with Disney and the use of the name Tinkerbell, which I can understand. But damn I wish I could still find this stuff somewhere! Remember the peel off nail polish!?
The bottles above and below appear to be the ones I had from the late seventies, early eighties, but in searching for pictures, I can see some from other decades...

This one below appears to be from the sixties or early 70s...

These bottles appear to be from the late 80s or 90s, maybe when a different manufacturer took over...
 
 
 
Here is that "newer" version of Tinkerbell, again, from the late 80's early ninties (above). I am including it just for nostalgia's sake, in case someone is dying to see it.The ones below are from the late 70s early 80s- those are the ones I had!
 

This one looks like it's from the 60s, same as below


the back...
 
Then we have some below that appear to be from the 60's again, maybe one of you can tell me, I am not sure, but there was a plastic daisy on top!

Cute, huh?
 
I have never seen this version- Is this super old? Can anyone tell me what year these were made? They look very retro!
 
Here is another little pack of goodies!
 
 

 


 

These, again, are the ones I had from the late 70s, early 80s...






 

Here is a close up of one of the atomizers- I pumped the hell out of this thing! I think I even bit it, which is always what I was tempted to do with anything textured.
90's
 

Remember these?






These two are too modern- I should take them out...

Here is another that looks more modern-but that's okay, Tinkerbell is Tinkerbell!
 
Here is a little lipstick and two dress up dolls and reusable
sticker clothes!
 
Here is that awesome peel-off nail polish that your mom allowed you to wear! It was so thick!

I had a peppermint tub of this lip gloss and I opened it and talked into it as if I were a spy! I still have the thing...

Here is an ad, I think it's from the 90's though, toward the end...


R.I.P. Tinkerbell make up! We LOVED you! Gah. I have to find some more pictures of this stuff- I know there was some lipstick or something else. I will get back to you guys.

Update: Okay, here is the lipstick. It looks to be from the late 80s

 

21 comments:

  1. hi I just posted a lot of 6 pieces of vintage tinkerbell bath products on ebay!
    Including the powders from the top pic! if u r interested it is under the key words vintage tinkerbell cosmetics- here is the link :

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Tinkerbell-and-Barbie-Bath-Products-Cosmetics-/170624696341?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ba064015#ht_500wt_1156

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Tinkerbell cosmetics.. the peel off nail polish was my favorite! It came off in the bath tub. Good times.. really wish I could find this somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I loved Tinkerbell cosmetics and bath enhancers -- used them into teenhood because they were so gentle and mild. Loved the peel-off nail polishes (liked the red the best), the bath enhancers (the bubble bath, shampoo, and hand lotion all smelled divine)and their flavored lip glosses -- both the stick "pomades" (like Bonne Bell Lip Smackers only in lipstick containers instead of Chapstick containers)and their creamy glosses in the little round cannisters. I esp liked the Raspberry Delight one from their Ice Cream Parlor assortment. Smelled lovely (and made my kisses taste mind-blowing, according to my school sweetheart), made my lips petal soft, and the pastel pinkish-lavender color was just gorgeous. Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooved Tinkerbell cologne, I cannot remember for the life of me what the original scent notes were but I would love to smell it again :) Do you recall what is was?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont know what it was called... But I have some more pics to put up- maybe someone will remember =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you :) If anyone can recall what the scent of the original Tinkerbell was, please tell me! (I feel it was one of these maybe: violet, peony,Lily of the Valley, maybe Orange Blossom?)I cant find info anywhere, just know I looooved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted a similar question today, Aug 17, 2012. Please post your impression of Avon's White Lily BB if you have the chance to check it out. I was "moved" by this scent when it brought back fond feelings of my yesteryear!

      Delete
  7. Does anybody remember the yellow oval shaped soap on a rope from the '70s/early '80s that had a dog on one side and a cat on the other? Can't remember for sure if it was Tinkerbell, but it was always with the Tinkerbell stuff in the stores. I sure would love to find a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just came across this while doing a writing exercise. Thanks so much for the photographic evidence of the memories created by my four-year-old mind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does anyone remember what the scent was for the cologne and/or bubble bath?? I just tried one of Avon's newest Bubble Bath "White Lily" and it reminds me of a childhood product. I was wondering if it could be a Tinkerbell comeback in disguise?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for posting! I had the "pail" with the items in it. I can't think of the name of the scent but I can remember it like it was yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thankyou! How I would love to get ahold of the fairy dust talc. Childhood smells, one of life's greatest treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I loved these products. Thank you for posting the pictures! I have such a warm and fuzzy feeling right now! I would love to own some of these things again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! I just smelled a new Scentsy wax and it totally brought back the memory of these! i had totally forgotten. Thank you so much for having the pictures to go with the memory!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 6-23-13
    My 3 brothers called me "Powder Puff" because I was so fascinated with the Tinkerbell items. I loved the bath powder that turned the bath water to colors like pink or blue. I can still remember my brothers being so excited to give me my Tinkerbell perfumes, powder, and bath powders for my birthday. They knew they had hit the mark on their choices that year. I'm turning 50 this year and would love to be able to turn back time to that birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reading the comment above , it sounds like I wrote it! I used to love the bath powders too, but can't find pix of them anywhere and wondered if maybe they weren't actually Tinkerbell. I'm also 50 and remember getting T.bell items for birthdays and Christmas from my 2 brothers. I can vaguely remember the way the bath powder smelled - aaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I figured out the scent of Tinkerbell cologne. It's ssmilar to lemon verbena. I bought Meyer's Lemon Verbena hand soap and the counter top spray and I sam sure that it smells like Tinkerbell cologne.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I looked forward to my Christmas present from my great Aunt Flo because it was always the Tinkerbell powdered bubble bath that turned the bath water colors. It smelled so wonderful too. I found a sachet pouch that smelled just like it recently, it was magnolia and I think peony combined. I couldn't get enough of that wonderful fragrance from my past. I can remember getting a powder mitt type thing too. I loved anything Tinkerbell.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just listed a Tinkerbell case with lipstick, cologne and lotion on eBay. It is a really
    cute set. You can see it here;
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131038267751

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!! I can still remember the smell.....

    ReplyDelete