Sunday, May 30, 2010

If this Barbie were a real person...

Did you know I am nuts? Okay, got that out of the way. I LOVE Barbie and I love looking at close up pics of her hair, make-up and outfits. Okay. Look at Barbie's frosty pastel make up! It would look hateful on a real person but I love it on her. If this Barbie were a real person she would have a Texas accent, wear lots of perfume and have lots of cleavage. She would live in Dallas or Austin and call you sugar.

This is a "re-root", where they re-thread hair on Barbies who need it. Kudos to these people who do the reroots and the restoration of these dolls- they always look fantastic. Anyway, this is Golden Dream Barbie I believe (my favorite of all time as you know.) Her make up appears to be different, more understated- maybe it isn't her. But loving that hair, girl! Work it! If this Barbie were a real person, she would have a man's voice and would be named Steve. You would notice her size 13 shoe and her adam's apple.

This is Peaches n' Cream Barbie- she had on lots of iridescent stuff and lots of tulle. This was one I wanted. I had a thing for tulle! This Barbie had the nude make up and lots o' mascara. If this Barbie were a real person, she would have a soft baby voice. You would always be asking her to repeat herself. She would be very meek and passive agressive.

This is one from the Super Star era as well- I think this is the Twirly Curls one. She looks like a dancer at the Oddball. If this Barbie were real, she would be jonesing for a ciggarette and a man.



Magic Curl? If my memory serves correct? This is how my hair looks in the morning, only not as cute. If this Barbie were real, she would be singing "You Light Up My Life" in church.

This is Fashion Jeans Barbie, looking adorable with new, perfect ponytails. I would have cut a bitch for hair like that. Perfection. If this Barbie were real, she would be at Hef's Midsummer Night's Dream Pajama Party, dodging the old men.

Great understated make up on this Barbie too- Mattel knows that if you are going to do red, you need to go easy on the make up. Perfect face- eyebrows are not too dark, just a touch of blush. Kudos to the person who picked this make up. I remember loving this dolls puffy heart sleeves(her name is Loving You Barbie).
If this Barbie were real, she would be the type in the gym every day.

Ahhh Barbie shoes.

This pink goes great with Christie's skin tone. They should have given her a nice pink lip as well, or some sort of eyeshadow. If this Barbie were real she would be on America's Next Top Model, smiling with her eyes for Tyra Banks.